First and only helmet that fully conforms to European Standard requirements for industrial and climbing situations. Comfortable helmet for work at height and rescue.
DUON ™ unvented helmet is a high specification confined space helmet suitable for work at height, with dual certification meeting both industrial standards.
It is the first and only safety helmet meeting all of the technical requirements for working at height and confined areas.
DUON helmets have a unique chinstrap buckle which can be switched between ‘strong’ and ‘weak’ to give conformity with either standard, allowing wearers to be fully compliant in complex environments containing different, changing hazards.
DUON unvented height safety helmet complies with European standards, EN 397, having a special chin strap buckle (see below) with a variable fastening power. It also conforms to MM 440 V a.c.
The DUON-Air vented version has additional vents that can be switched to give conformity with either standard. All switching is carried out without tools.
The DUON is suitable as a confined space helmet – a versatile safety helmet for every industry.
Industrial safety helmets are designed to protect not only the upper part of a wearer’s head but also to provide lateral protection.
Advanced cradle design enables optimum comfort and sized to fit between 52cm to 66cm.
MH01 – DUON™ standard – unvented EN 397
MH02 – DUON Air™ – vented, – EN 397 & EN 12492
Unvented helmet standard colours are White, Green and Orange. Other colours may be available subject to quantity required, please contact us for details.
- ‘T-slot’ side fittings for standard ear defenders etc.
- Clips for elastic strap mounted lights, cameras etc.
- Brackets front and rear for popular cap lamps and other accessories.
- Main adjustment to small/medium/large helps keep the helmet centred on the head.
- Fine adjustment by ratchet wheel, can be operated with one hand even whilst being worn.
- Headband height adjustment allows user to maintain field of view.
- 6 point head cradle for stability.
- EN397 (‘industrial’) has a weak chinstrap to prevent injury if the helmet becomes trapped in machinery etc. and small vents to prevent items such as sparks hitting the wearer.
- EN12492 (‘mountaineering’) has a strong chinstrap so the helmet stays in place in a fall – protecting the head, and large vents to help prevent workers getting too hot – an occupational health improvement.