Ok, we all know about webbing lanyards, sewn slings, terminations and the other hundred possibilities available to us. So why would we want to use a wire lanyard?
Well, actually wire lanyards make a lot of sense in work at height systems. For example ‘MEWP’ lanyards have a very hard life, exposed to direct sunlight, building waste, paint and many other damaging factors and usually get left swinging in the wind for the next user. Not ideal at all for a textile product, this is where wire lanyards come in to their own.
Highly durable and less susceptible to the damaging factors found in many building environments, wire lanyards can add an extra margin of safety.
Working with blasting equipment, sharp tools, grinders, welders? A simple slip could sever your lanyard before you have time to react. Hot welding or grinding sparks are flying around could melt a nylon lanyard quickly once one or two glowing metal shards land on it. Now does a wire lanyard start to sound appealing?
The key features of the Lyon Wire Lanyards are summarised below:
- Highly abrasion resistant
- Resistant to mechanical damage
- Resistant to many chemicals
- Highly heat resistant
- Unaffected by UV degradation
- Corrosion resistant
- Made from 7mm diameter stainless steel wire
- Available in three lengths 90cm, 140cm and 175cm
Lyon Wire Lanyards are also available for bespoke applications:
Available in a range of lengths either individually or as assembled products complete withenergy absorber and/or connectors.
Lyon Wire Lanyards are ideal for:
- Permanently fitted restraint lanyards for MEWPS etc
- Cut resistant extensions for rope access operatives
- Heavy duty fall arrest lanyards for welding, painting and blasting etc.
Please contact us directly to discuss any special requirements or bespoke products if the standard Lyon Wire Lanyards could be modified to better suit your purpose.